Gauche is an R7RS Scheme implementation developed to be a handy script interpreter, which allows programmers and system administrators to write small to large scripts for their daily chores. Quick startup, built-in system interface, native multilingual support are some of my goals.
Gauche runs on several Unix-like platforms.
See Features for implemented features.
Gauche 0.9.4 - major feature enhancements
See Release notes.
Source code repository is moved to GitHub: https://github.com/shirok/Gauche. If you're following the development HEAD, please switch the origin.
(Release files and mailing lists will remain on SourceForge.net. Just the repo is moved.)
Gauche 0.9.3.3 - minor bug fixes
Several bug fixes since 0.9.3.2, plus a couple of improvements. I made a new package since one bug caused build problems in certain settings, and having a fixed tarball saved lots of troubles.
- Bug fixes:
- If DESTDIR was set and the platform didn't have previous Gauche installed, make install failed saying something like "libgauche-0.9.so.0.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". The order of installation was adjusted to avoid it.
- On FreeBSD, a bug in signal setup routine caused memory corruption.
- every with more than one argument list didn't return the last return value of the predicate when all the arguments satisfied it, as specified in srfi-1 (it returned #t instead). It was also the case in stream-every. Both are fixed.
- On MinGW, info command didn't work.
- On MinGW, when you used non-console version gosh-noconsole.exe and tried to spawn a child process to communicate via pipes, gosh-noconsole.exe just died.
- New procedure: string-scan-right
- GC is now 7.2b
- Bug fixes:
A documentation build problem was found when Gauche was configured to use native encoding other than utf-8. A follow-up release (0.9.3.2) is put on the server. If you want to use Gauche wiht non-default encoding, grab the new release. You don't need to update as far as compiling with utf-8.
On Windows/MinGW, 0.9.3 release version had a problem to compile git HEAD version of Gauche. A fixed version (0.9.3.1) is prepared. This problem won't affect other platforms.