- Basic symbol completion is now available in REPL (type TAB during typing a symbol).
- SRFI-169 (underscores in numbers) is supported. You can write numbers
1_234_567.89 for readability.
- Gauche has allowed underscores in prefixed numbers, e.g.
Now it is allowed without prefix. However, the rule is more strict; each
underscore must be surrounded by digits, it is not simply ignored.
allowed previously, but no longer.
- Gauche adopts Lisp's tradition that "if a token can be parsed as a
number, it's a number; otherwise its a symbol". The token
parsed as a symbol before; now it's a number 123. Technically this breaks
the compatibility, though we expect it has little effect. You can always
use escapes (
|1_2_3|) if you want to use weird symbols.
- AxTLS is no longer compiled by default; you need to specify
---with-tls=axtls at configure time if you want ot include it.
We recommend to use MbedTLS. We plan to drop AxTLS support eventually,
unless the new release comes from the upstream.
New SRFIs, modules and procedures
- GC is now bdwgc 8.0.6.
- Improvement of compilation of
case-lambda: If the binding is
inlinable, its call can be pre-dispatched and inlined.
- glob-fold: Accepts
:prefix keyword arg.
- library-fold: Now it is rewritten on top of Gauche's
glob, so the extended glob pattern such as
** can be used.
- format: The 'truncation' directive (e.g.
emits closing double quote if a string literal is truncated; it keeps
font coloring in Emacs Scheme buffer sane, even when an object is truncated
in the error message.
- sys-setlocale: Allow
#f for locale argument
(corresponds to passing
NULL in C).
- srfi-19: Now
<date>s are comparable, for
object-compare method is defined.
- make-u8vector etc.: Uvector constructors are now
in the core; you don't need to use
gauche.uvector for them.
- last, last-pair: Detect circular
Last modified : 2022/06/26 08:24:45 UTC